Apr 16, 2006

Easter Weekend

Our Easter Weekend started on Friday with the boys out of school We went to see a movie - Ice Age 2. On Saturday, I went to church in the morning to help decorate, then Kent, Kurt, and Wyatt dyed eggs. Now, as you can see, we dyed one, and only one dozen eggs, because, well, we don't actually eat them. In fact, in a few days, I'll let the boys take one last look at their artwork and then throw them away. Yes, I admit it, we only do it for fun...and for pictures. Easter_2006_dying_eggs Easter_2006_dye_cups_2 Easter_2006_dyed_eggs_1 After that, I decided to make a bunny cake. My mom always made bunny cakes for Easter (and when I talked to her today, she had again made one today) and I thought the boys would like one of their own. I couldn't find a pattern, so I had to go based on memory of how my mom had done it when I was a child. Easter_2006_bunny_cake I had to kind of make do with what we had, and I'm no Bree Van De Kamp, but it turned out OK. We did have trouble finding the right thing for the eyes...Kent kept saying they looked "freaky." They still aren't perfect, but they were satisfied.

Kent and Kurt had their best friend over today and I saw Kurt take Brenden over to look at the cake and exclaim "My mom made this without ANY instructions!" LOL...made it all worth it. :)

This morning we got up early for the boys to get their baskets (no photos will be shown because then you will find out how indulgent I am with the boys) and do the egg hunt. There was no question on whether Grant was too old or not! Easter_2006_the_boys_1


Once the main festivities were out of the way, we all went our merry ways. That is, until DH decided today would be a perfect day to clean the GARAGE!! I've been wanting his help doing that for months (I'm too scared of scorpions to do it by myself....although we didn't find any, luckily), so I seized the opportunity! It will be nice going out to the car in the morning without a fear of tripping over something and breaking my ankle. As we were cleaning, we came across our VHS videos. We decided a few months ago to get rid of ALL of them...several hundred when you count the kid videos. I hate throwing stuff like that out, so I painstakingly went through all of them to package them up for possible sale at a 2nd hand toy store and for giving away to charity. Right now the back end and 3rd row seat of the Sequoia are full of them. Hopefully someone will appreciate them...those kid videos were well-loved.

We ended the day with a barbeque of steaks and pork chops. No traditional ham for this family. Hope you all had a very Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment