Jan 5, 2006

It's a Mess!!!

Last Friday I got a "bee in my bonnet" - (ooh, don't I feel old!) to re-configure my scraproom. We got a new wall unit in the family room and now there was this 92" unit/bookcase available. I was drooling over it. First of all, I get nostalgic about inanimate objects all the time and this particular unit/bookcase was one that I bought when I built my first house 18 years ago, so I was kind of attached to it. Besides, it would make some awesome storage in my scraproom/office!

Now, in order to do this, it would take a major effort. I mean M-A-J-O-R effort. I had to take down a countertop that was on top of 4 chests of drawers, then remove those chests, plus take apart a huge desk that was in three parts, move the computer, etc., etc. Everything in the room had to be moved. My husband was against it........but I decided to do it anyway.

I won't go into all the specifics, but I did want to show the first step in this process...the mess I made. You can see how the scraproom was before in my photo album to the right. Looks pretty good, huh? Well, it wasn't working out. The countertop had become a catch-all for anything and everything and the drawers in the chests were not organizationally functional for scrapbook supplies...in other words, they were just too big.

Here are some photos of how it looked after I took everything apart and made a big mess of the room. During_scraproom_2 And this actually looks pretty good. It's hard to capture utter chaos and disaster on "film." Heh. Anyway, I'm making progress and will make another post with "the rest of the story" after I'm done organizing. Let's just say, I'm a glutton when it comes to scrapbook supplies...it's really almost sinful. And not fun-sinful, but gluttonous-sinful.



No comments:

Post a Comment