Mar 26, 2006

Weekend Update

So, it's begun. Little League Baseball season! Saturday was Opening Day. Kk (Wyatt wouldn't let me take a photo of him at the field, so I got him in the back ;)Wyatt_larson ) And wouldn't you know it, my better digital camera (Sony Cybershot DSC-F717) went caput on Friday night. So I was left with my small digital camera, which while it's OK for everyday use, it doesn't have much of a zoom...orrrrrrrrrr, digging out my old film SLR. So that's what I did. And I loved it. I did take along my little digital for a couple of quick shots, but I hauled out my 300mm zoom lens for the SLR for some great shots of the day. However, the downside is that I have to have the film developed.

Grant_larsonAnyway, after spending about 5 hours at the baseball fields, we went straight to double-header football games for Grant: won one, lost one. (Not sure why I'm fascinated with getting the boys' backs when they have their names on them.) We came home sunburned and tired, but it was a great day!

Sunday was "wake-up the tortoises" day! Finally it has gotten warm enough to bring them out of hybernation. They've just spent the last 5 months in a cardboard box, in the garage, on top of the freezer. But first, I had to fix up their pen out in the back: Turtlepen1_1 I was thrilled when I took the top off and we had weeds growing inside the pen! You see, desert tortoises eat weeds and grass and I hope to make their pen self-sufficient by growing both of those in there. DH hooked up a little sprinkler in addition to the drip line for their water dish, so hopefully we are all set!

Then later in the day, back to the baseball fields for a couple of hours more of practice. Tuesday night is Wyatt's first game...Kent and Kurt don't play until Saturday...CAN'T WAIT!!! I love this season! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment